Friday, December 24, 2010

That Time of Year Once Again



Its that time of year when we are reminded to be with our loves ones and cherish the time we have with them.
Its that time of year where some individuals put down their pride and are willing to carefully let go of  their grudges to become closer to their love ones.
What makes this time of year so different? ......The lights, The Christmas tree?  The shopping deals?
Or can it be the corny Christmas music which they begin to play way to early! (before Thanksgiving) which drives us insane..... . maybe not.
To myself personally it is that time of year when we are all reminded one way or another whether we want to or not of the most wonderful gift man kind has received.  The birth of our savior Jesus Christ.  Some of you who might be reading this ( which I think is awesome :D ) may agree or not, which is completely okay.

After a hectic schedule of exams, projects, concerts and trying to fit in a life somewhere in there, this time of year is a spiritual revival for the spiritually drained.  It may not be the case for all but for some including me it is.  I get to relax for a few weeks and spend time with my family which I have to admit can sometimes drive me crazy and up a wall.  I have time to change my diet from my the usual cereal, ham sandwhiches and roman noodles to some yummy homemade food and get some much needed sleep.

I finally have time where I can meditate on all the blessing Lord has given me and all that he is continuing to do for me, my family and honeybunn ♥
I am so grateful for this time that I have to truly appreciate what is important.  With such a such busy schedule I can easily forget to sit down and just spend sometime with my heavenly Father who has done so much more for me than I can even begin imagine.  This time of year not only am I being fed some good delicious Dominican food but SOMEINCREDIBLEOUTOFTHISWORLDFANTASTIC  spiritual food.

So what does this time of year mean to you?
What does it stand for?
It would be delightful to hear your thoughts. I would love to do a reflection in a later blog post.

Have a great Holidays/ New Years!!

p.s. Please leave me some comments, you can email me at pamela.r.cuevas@hotmail.com (it can be anonymous) or shoot me a facebook message---> Pami Cuevas

No comments:

Post a Comment